Monday, March 28, 2011

Chicken and Mushrooms in a Garlic White Wine Sauce

As soon as I saw this recipe on Skinnytaste I knew it sounded like something I would like. I mean who doesn't love wine and garlic, especially cooked together! This recipe was great, except next time I would double the sauce. If you like sauce to put over noodles or rice I would advise you to double it. I did make a couple changes, so heres my take on Skinnytaste's recipe.



Ingredients:
  • 2 chicken breasts cut into bite sized chunks
  • 1 tablespoon butter - divided
  • 1 tablespoon olive oil - divided 
  • 1/8 cup all purpose flour
  • 1 tablespoon pre-minced garlic
  • 12 oz sliced mushrooms
  • 1/4 cup white wine
  • 1/3 cup fat free chicken broth
  • salt and fresh pepper to taste
  • 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley - I forgot this

Directions:
Preheat oven to 200. Shake cut up chicken in a ziploc bag with flour. Heat skillet over medium heat. Once hot add 1/2tablespoon of butter and 1/2 tablespoon olive oil. Add chicken, flip chicken after a couple minutes. Once chicken is cooked put in oven safe casserole and keep hot in the oven.

Add remaining butter and olive oil and the garlic. Once garlic is fragrant add the mushrooms. Season mushrooms with salt and pepper. Make sure you salt them immediately so they start cooking down quickly. Once mushrooms are cooked to how you like them, add wine, and chicken broth. Let wine and chicken broth reduce till about half. If its still think add a teaspoon of corn starch mixed with a teaspoon of water to the mixture to thicken it. Add the chicken back to the pan, and then fresh chopped parsley on top. 

Enjoy,

Just Add Chocolate

No comments: