Monday, March 21, 2011

Hashbrown and Pork Chop Bake

This is a recipe I saw on a Taste of Home Cooking, which originally came from a lady named Madelyn. It sounded amazing, and I had hash browns to use up. Sure enough, it was super tasty, especially considering it was Pork Chops. I forgot to take a picture, so just imagine what it looks like (or click on A Taste of Home Cooking above.) This really reminded me of the traditional green bean casserole on Thanksgiving. So if you like that combo, give this a try!


I made a few changes so heres my slightly adapted version of hashbrown and pork chop bake:

  • 3 boneless pork chops
  • 1 can cream of mushroom soup - I used the Healthy Request version
  • 1/2 cup 2% milk
  • 3/4 cup light sour cream
  • 1 tsp garlic powder
  • 1/2 tsp Hungarian paprika
  • 1 24oz package frozen hashbrowns, thawed
  • 1 cup reduced fat shredded cheddar
  • 1 large can dried onion pieces
Brown and cook pork chops in skillet. Combine soup, milk, sour cream, garlic powder, and paprika. Stir in hashbrowns, half of the cheese and half of the onion pieces. Dump mixture into a greased 9×13 baking dish. Arrange pork chops over potato mixture. Top pork chops with remainder of cheese and onion pieces. Bake, covered, at 350 for 40 minutes.

Till next time,


Just Add Chocolate

No comments: