Saturday, March 12, 2011

My version of Pot Roast

So I always thought I hated pot roast. Honestly, how it looked scared me. But because my husband loves it, and the grocery store was having a sale on meat, I decided to take the risk! I asked others for their opinions, combined it with this recipe All Recipes Awesome Slow Cooker Pot Roast, and added my own touch! After having to smell the wonderful smells all day, I was getting excited to try it. Crazy enough, I loved it!

3 - 5lb Chuck roast
garlic powder
ground black pepper
2 (10.75 ounce) cans condensed cream of mushroom soup
one can low sodium beef broth
1 (1 ounce) package dry onion soup mix
2.5 lbs red potatoes cut up
1lb of baby carrots
some celery chopped up
whole mushrooms

First cut up your potatoes, celery, and clean your mushrooms. Trim the extra fat off the roast, then I doused it in garlic powder and pepper, and rubbed it in. I think its pretty important to give it some good rubbing! Next time I'll even use more garlic. Mix the cream of mushroom soup, beef broth, and soup mix together. Pour some in the bottom of the crock pot. Throw the roast in the crock pot. Then pour the rest of the liquid mixture over it. Then put all the veggies around it. Set on low for 8 hours. The liquid ended up multiplying enough to cover all the veggies.




Tootles,

Just Add Chocolate

No comments: