Saturday, March 12, 2011

Buffalo Mac & Cheese

It was a hit! My husband thinks it could use more buffalo sauce, but I liked it as is. He likes things so hot they blister your lips, so take his suggestion with a grain of salt. 

Also if you discrimiate against cream of crap (cheddar) soups stop reading. I got the idea from Paula Dean's mac & cheese recipe which was AWESOME.

1lb of pasta (I used bow tie, its all I had, I am sure any would work)
2 chicken breasts
Fresh cracked pepper 
1 packet of ranch dressing seasoning
1/3 cup sour cream (I used light)
8oz cream cheese
1/2 cup Frank's buffalo sauce 
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
1 can cheddar soup (cambell's)
1 lb broccoli (I used frozen and defrosted in microwave) 
Italian Panko bread crumbs 

Preheat oven to 375. Prepare pasta, cook till almost done. Dice chicken up, season with pepper and a tiny bit of the ranch seasoning. In a large pan cook chicken till cooked. Once fully cooked add the rest of ranch seasoning and stir. Add cream cheese and stir until melted. Mix in sour cream, frank's buffalo sauce, and cheddar soup. Now add the 2 cups cheddar cheese. Once mixed in add broccoli and pasta. Once all mixed, spread in baking pan that has been greased/spray with pam. Sprinkle panko crumbs on top. Bake for 20 minutes. Enjoy!



Catch ya later,

Just Add Chocolate

1 comment:

Megan said...

I think I'm going to make this tomorrow! I'll let you know if my DH liked it or not!