Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Chicken fried chicken

So this is another recipe I ate growing up. My mom made it ALL the time for me, as it was one of the few meals I liked. Thank goodness I outgrew my pickyness. It is very similar to the buffalo chicken fried chicken. Its totally not healthy, but wouldn't be too bad if you baked it instead. 






Ingredients:

  • 3 chicken breasts sliced in half to make skinnier pieces
  • 2 eggs
  • 3ish cups Kellogg's cornflake crumbs
  • salt & pepper
  • 2 teaspoons Lawry's seasoned salt
  • 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
Directions:
Beat eggs in shallow dish. Mix cornflake crumbs & seasoned salt in another shallow baking dish. Season chicken with salt & pepper, then dip in cornflake crumbs. Then dip chicken in the eggs, and back in the cornflake crumbs. Repeat with all pieces of chicken. Heat up oil in large pan. Approx. 5 minutes on each side or until chicken is cooked thoroughly.

No comments: