Thursday, April 28, 2011

Best Meat Sauce EVER

I have a problem with tomato chunks. I don't like them one bit. Jarred spaghetti sauce tends to be full of  tomato chunks. So when I saw this recipe in my Taste of Home Prize Winning cookbook I got excited. It is AMAZING. I have made it several times. If you don't want a lot of spice tone down the crushed red pepper flakes.

Ingredients:
1lb ground sirloin
2 tablespoons pre-minced garlic
1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
1 can (10 3/4 ounces) tomato soup, undiluted
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1 teaspoon dried basil
1 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
1/8 teaspoon thyme
1/8 teaspoon tarragon
1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon

Directions: 
In a large skillet cook the beef and minced garlic. Once its finished cooking drain it. Add the remaining ingredients and simmer for 20 - 30 minutes. 

Tomorrow I will post the recipe I used this meat sauce in this week.

Till tomorrow,

Just Add Chocolate

No comments: