Sunday, March 11, 2012

It's Been a Long Time...

Well, as soon as I found out I was pregnant not only did my blog come to a screeching halt, but my cooking did too. We ate takeout almost nightly, which would have been pretty boring to blog about. But in the end we were blessed with the most amazing baby, so all the eating out was worth it!

At around 3 weeks of our daughter's life we found out she has a severe dairy allergy. Since she is breastfed, it meant I needed to learn to not only eat but cook 100% dairy free. It's been an adventure, and learning how many foods that you don't think have dairy in them actually do. Eating out at restaurants is a huge challenge as even cross contamination can give our daughter a severe allergic reaction.

I will not only blog about dairy free recipes, or recipes I make dairy free, but also the various dairy-free alternative products. Some of them have been okay, and some of them have flat out been bad.

But I am back! So follow along on this new adventure as I learn to cook and eat dairy free!

No comments: