Sunday, March 11, 2012

Sunshine Chicken

When I was younger my older sister made "sunshine chicken." I was an extremely picky kid but loved this recipe. I never had it again, but I never forgot about it. I did some googling and found this recipe for Sunshine Chicken.

I remembered my sister's recipe used honey, or at least I think it did. I decided to make some changes and try it out. It was so delicious that I need to share it. I served it with roasted broccoli and rice. Keep in mind my husband and I love garlic. Tone the garlic, or any spices down to adjust for your taste.

Sunshine chicken

6 Chicken breasts
1/2 cup ketchup
1/4 cup honey
2 tablespoons soy sauce
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1 tablespoon minced garlic
1/8 teaspoon ginger

Preheat the oven to 350. Mix ketchup, honey, soy sauce, garlic powder, cayenne pepper, black pepper, ginger, & minced garlic. Brush the mixture on the chicken and bake for an hour. Re-baste the chicken every 15 minutes. Enjoy!

No comments: